Friday, March 30, 2007

55 Friday

The 55 Friday "I Feel Fine" Edition from Sepia Mutiny, gave an R.E.M. song as inspiration. Here is my contribution:

* * * *

Where the Adriatic and the Mediterranean meet, I am on the cusp of inarticulable things. I am waiting to touch the original-blue of the Aegean Sea.
“The world is bigger and smaller than ever before,” I say.
“Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn,” he says as the salt spray dusts our faces.

* * * *

crossposted on O.W.L. and SemiDesiMasala

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Yo SemiDesi, it's Sonia from Sepia Mutiny. Where in Central America did you go to? I'm studying abroad again, this time in Mexico, and I hope to take a trip to Guatemala and El Salvador at some point in the six months I'm there.

semidesi said...

Well, it was mainland Mexico and also Baja, which are technically North America. I forgot what I wrote but most of the people there tended to peg me as a Costarriquena for some reason. Maybe I picked up my spanish teacher's accent? Either that or half Indians look like Costa Ricans!